- Strategy deployment. Achieve a high rate of improvement by focusing your organization on a few critical breakthrough objectives.
- Cross-functional and value stream management. Organize and manage across functional silos for the benefit of the patient.
- Daily management. Support the work of the front line staff for more consistent performance and continuous improvement.
- Leader standard work. Bring focus and predictability to the work of management.
Once your strategy and breakthrough objectives are set, JWA helps you implement a robust deployment process.
- Identify the division and service-line metrics linked to a breakthrough objective, including those that should be monitored or maintained through daily management.
- Create an A3 diagram for each strategy to identify the causes of the gaps and plan tasks.
- Use the “catchball” process to ensure that resources are assigned to achieve the targets you’ve set.
- Establish visual management and routine reviews to surface gaps between the planned and actual tasks and the results.
- Reflect on progress and adjust the plan.
Daily management is the ingredient that engages everyone. It’s key to sustaining the results of improvement activities and building a culture of continuous improvement. JWA helps you develop your daily management system and coaches your managers, directors, and executives in the practice of daily Lean management.