- Build a solid foundation of Lean thinkers at all levels.
- Establish flow, clinical standardized work, quality practices, visual management, and success metrics.
- Initiate daily management to drive out the workarounds common in healthcare.
Most Lean implementations top out at Level 2, thus failing to achieve the substantial additional benefits of advanced Lean levels. JWA helps you achieve more advanced levels of Lean.
- Level the load (for example: clinic schedule, hospital discharges).
- Match capacity to demand.
- Establish workflow control.
- Serve patients at takt time (that is, a specific cadence).
- Use andon for process stop to meet quality and operational standards.
- Establish a learning organization that innovates at a rapid pace to achieve extraordinary patient care.